Friday, February 10, 2012

Tagged by Mr A.I.R.

I think this might be the first time I have been tagged, so I am happy to oblige, even if I am not sure who to 'pass' it on to.....anyway....moving on...

Order of business -

Post 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer 10 questions set by whoever tagged you.
Pick 10 people to tag.
Set 10 new questions.

So Andy at http://bats-dans-my-belfry.blogspot.com/  has me pondering while stroking my chin and looking skyward.....10 random facts eh?

1. ...........imagine tumbleweed..........

1. I say 'best place in all the world' everynight when I get into bed.......sad aren't I?
2. I would love to drive really fast just once.
3. Was offered ski lessons by a well know ski professional in Austria once.....but as I would rather poke my eyes out with a stick rather than ski I declined the kind offer........and I was only 17 and I suspect it wasn't  ski -ing (how do you spell that?) that he really had in mind.
4. Don't bite my nails.

Cor....this is riveting stuff isn't it?

5. I truly do think that I should be in charge. Of everything. All the time.
6. Sometimes the sky is so beautiful and big it makes me  feel emotional.
7. I have a friend who bullies me slightly......but that's ok because she needs to bully somebody slightly and unbeknownst to her, I let her bully me......I think of it as I gift that I give to her.
8. I would love, love, love to buy myself a big beautiful solitaire diamond ring......but as we need to keep paying the mortgage and bills and support kids and eat and drive etc., the buying of the ring is not top of the list at the moment.
9. I love Disco. And yet I can't dance. In my memory though the 70's were just lovely.
10. I never have, and I never will, but I would love to learn something outrageously 'not me' and then just do it, out of the blue, in front of my husband, kids, and friends.....something like amazing gymnastics (ha!) or fire eating or building a car or speaking a foreign language fluently or walking the Santiago de Compostela route.
11. I was once hypnotised (not by a magician......by a doctor) and it was an amazing experience. Afterwards, I felt happy, and calm and just lovely.

Right, now I have to answer 10 questions -

  1. What personal possession would you save from the house if it were to inexplicably catch fire?
  2. If you won £45m on the lottery, what would be the very first thing you bought?
  3. What has been the best moment of the last 12 months?
  4. And the worst?
  5. Who was your childhood hero?
  6. If you found a twenty pound note in the street, would you keep it or hand it in?
  7. What's your favourite TV show ever?
  8. What's the most you've ever lost in a bet?
  9. How did you get to work today?
  10. If you could be the best in the world at one sport, what would it be?
okay......answers to the above are
photos on memory sticks/time.... to think about what to do with all that money, by staying in a hotel with me and mine for a night or two/walking out of Auschwitz with the mister/being in hospital with my parents all night/Jo in Little Women/keep it/too many to call it/don't bet/car/running.

Nearly there folks...keep up.........so now I have to pass this on to 10 others who will answer 10 questions I post......here are the questions

Shoplifting - have you ever?
Slapping children - yes or no?
Shower every day?
All is fair in love and war - yes or no?
Que jumping - do you?
Social class barriers in Britain - vanishing or not?
Cap on benefits - yes or no?
Marmite?
Why blog? (nicked that one from Mr AIR)
Tribute bands? yes or no?

So I pass this on to the following people, and wonder whether or not they will do it...mmm time will tell.

Trish at     http://mumsgoneto.blogspot.com/
LMSG at      http://ladymondegreenssecretgarden.blogspot.com/
Steve at     http://bloggertropolis.blogspot.com/
Macy at     http://theviewfrommacy.blogspot.com/
Marcheline at      http://mrssplapthing.blogspot.com/
Nana at     http://nanagogoblogs.blogspot.com/
Katy at     http://katyboo1.wordpress.com/
Isabelle at     http://in-this.blogspot.com/
Moannie at     http://theviewfromthisend.blogspot.com/
Sensibilia at    http://teambooklover.blogspot.com/


And , sadly, because I am greatly afflicted with 'useless on the laptop/interweb/gadgets' not all of the above are highlighted for some reason, but I'm sure it will all be ok in the end.....

Moannie....if you are reading this then feel better and you are excused if you wish!

Ok Thats all folks............x

24 comments:

Trish @ Mums Gone To... said...

Despite my travels, my favourite place is bed every night too. Love pulling up the duvet and hiding.

I might join in...or I might not! You all know everything about me anyway!

Kelloggsville said...

I love disco too. Disco Rocket - best album ever

Isabelle said...

Ooh, I was just about to say - very interesting - when I noticed that my name was on the list. Ooh. Aah.

libby said...

Trish...oh go on....feel free!
K...bet you're a good dancer..
Isabelle....surprise yourself - be open!

Well ok ladies, as open as you all feel comfortable with...but give it a go!

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

I'm like Isabelle, thinking "Now what novel facts could I dredge up," then I saw my name. Oh heck that's my next blog post sorted then!

Curry Queen said...

Aah, the days of Disco! *goes all misty eyed*

Steve said...

Good questions... will mull this over for sure!

libby said...

LMSG....you go girl!
CQ...oh yes..Disco...such good times...
Steve....love to see what you come up with.

Andy said...

Disco gymnastics maybe?

Great questions by the way.....

About Last Weekend said...

I love love love hopping into bed at night, it has to be the best place in the world.

About Last Weekend said...

Sorry having problems commenting (my fault) so hope no duplicate...bed is surely the bed place always in the world..

Marcheline said...

Here goes nuttin'!

P.S. I like what you say when you go to bed at night.

Marcheline said...

I did it! Come see! 8-)

Nana Go-Go said...

OMG Libs! This is a real dilemma. I so want to do the challenge but I've been given awards and tags before and declined the kindly offers so wouldn't want to offend anyone. Anyhoo, all the other folks you've chosen have much more interesting things to say than me so I'll just keep a lookout for their responses.Is that alright with you? Hope you're well regardless and that your Hubby's spoiling you somewhat for Valentine's.Have a lovely evening, Libs.
ps thanks so much for stopping by mine and leaving your lovely comments which are ALWAYS welcome.

libby said...

Andy...thanks
ALW....aaahhhh bed...I must be getting so old....I luuuuurrrrve my bed.
Marcheline....great stuff!
Nana...absolutely no problem..I do understand....and did you do that lovely heart bunting for betty? can I have the pattern please? have a good evening xx

Nana Go-Go said...

Thanks Libs. Yes, I did the heart bunting for Betty and here's the link.
http://juliacrossland.blogspot.com/2010/03/teeny-tiny-heart-bunting.html
Hope it works!Enjoy and remember to post pics.x

Isabelle said...

Hi - in response to your two questions: the panels cost £10,800 - yes, we're going to get that back fast at £4 a day... ; and yes, Zumba is quite fun but is a bit dancy for me (ie I'm sure I look like a serious prat when doing it) and is quite hard to do - not just because it's energetic but also because the steps and arm stuff are quite tricky and keep changing. However, it's good exercise.

pam said...

I love the bit about letting her bully you being a gift. Very 'buddhistic'

sensibilia said...

Wow, thanks for thinking of me, libby.

libby said...

Nana, thank you.
Isabelle, every little helps!
Pam, welcome, thanks for dropping in.
Sensibilia, are you going to give it a go? go on..surprise yourself!

sensibilia said...

Yes, definitely, but not just yet - too busy, today, want to do it properly! Will do it later in the week. And thanks!

CATHERINE DANIEL said...

Well, I found it all quite interesting - and you even put a positive slant on bullying - does your 'friend' read your blog though?
xC

libby said...

Sensibilia....no problem.
Catherine...no my friend doesn't even know that I blog.....

sensibilia said...

libby, thanks for your wonderful comment on my blog.