Monday, January 16, 2012

Is beautiful the wrong word?

A surprise opportunity presented itself to me today to visit the National Arboretum in Staffordshire.
The day was crisp and cold and the sky was a gorgeous blue.

                                                                                   


I was struck by so many 'beautifuls'. The sky. The frost on the greenery. The skill of the construction of the memorials. The peaceful atmosphere. Humanity. The frailty of man. The beauty of spirit. Hope.

7 comments:

Steve said...

I think beautiful is absolutely the right word.

Kelloggsville said...

I agree with both you and Steve

About Last Weekend said...

Loving that final photo, very artistic and reaching. Isn't it amazing how you can almost instantly recognise a country for it's light, there is no other like England.

Marcheline said...

Egads... that last photo... is that a statue?!?!! Gave me a shiver down the back of my neck, that one did!

Nana Go-Go said...

It's somewhere that I've always wanted to visit and will in all probability never get the chance so thank you for sharing. It looks very calm and serene and I love the last pic. Looks like St Peter opening the doors of Heaven. Thanks, Libs.

Andy said...

Eye of the beholder and all that.

Personally, I think it is but there again I do have hippy tendencies....

Curry Queen said...

Stunning - and Jodie's right, the light is beautiful!