Monday, October 10, 2011

Drive.....

Went to the pictures yesterday. Enjoyed the film 'Drive' very much. Ryan Gosling is attractive (my mister disagrees...says he thinks Ryan looks a bit odd, long faced and weird...) and I have enjoyed all of his films to date. Carey Mulligan was his 'love interest' and I think that so many american actresses must have been peed off  that a British gal got the part..........but I think she has the same magnetism as Ryan Gosling......the camera loves both of them. There were lots of long silent shots with no dialogue and yet it was not boring. The violence took me by surprise though. I had expected lots of car chases but had not expected the fabulous Albert Brooks to inject a different ingredient into the mix.
I watched a couple of scenes from behind interlaced fingers but discussing the film in the pub afterwards with son and dil, they reminded me that the director was the same guy from Bronson and The Pusher Trilogy, both of which I enjoyed too........and very different to the carriage and corset stuff that I usually like. Just like life I guess, sometimes you want salty crisps and at other times vanilla cheesecake.

3 comments:

Steve said...

This is the second good review I've heard ogf this film and yet I've not seen the film advertised anywhere!

Curry Queen said...

Drive hadn't hit my radar up till now but thanks for the recommendation! I like Carey Mulligan too..the jury's out on Ryan Gosling though :-)

Macy said...

Aparently not all viewers are as happy as you are Libby....
Did you read this one?

And could you make it up????