Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Where do we go from here?.....

How can we go back in time and undo all the damage that has been done to people and property and young minds?
Rioting and violence and a desire to live for oneself only and not give a thought to anybody else, is behaviour that seems to be the mindset for so many youngsters now.
I know this is not true of the majority......but for some the attitude that prevails is 'this is my right... to have what I want when I want it whether it is mine or not' and they attack and damage and litter and steal and swear and swagger through our society like a virus.
How do we stop the rot?

4 comments:

Steve said...

Simply, a sense of community spirit needs to be rebuilt in every city, town and village all over the country... and a sense of pride in that community.

Kelloggsville said...

Everybody over the age of 35 should be issued with tasers to do as we will to the ungrateful youth until they learn to conform. A bit like beating puppies with a rolled up newspaper. If I stand, will you vote for me lol

Marcheline said...

Step #1: Stop letting technology raise our kids.

Macy said...

Libby, I have no idea. I suspect there are several reasons for the looting, since we seem to have rioters of many ages and backgrounds.
I never thought I'd see the day when I'd say it, but some respect for authority and empathy for others would be a start.

For what it's worth, I'm in Scotland, and, whether because we have a different government, tighter communities, a less obvious diference n wealth, or simply no football match this week, I can't see rioting starting up here.