Saturday, August 20, 2011

Spelling mistook in previous post....

Sorry Anthony...got your surname wrong.
Hadn't finished the post either and pressed the wrong keys in a bit of a muddle....
So.... remembering holidays with the kids, we did get to some lovely places, both here and abroad, but now I am excited to be able to re-visit cities and villages at a different pace, and not be worrying about little fingers getting into places they shouldn't and little legs getting tired or little ones being bored or cranky or geting peed off because we have spent a big chunk of our tiny budget on some activity or food that isn't liked or enjoyed. Don't get me wrong.....I love my kids with every fibre of my body and soul and would take a bullet for either of them, and I get misty eyed regularly looking over years and years of photos.....but now this is a different chapter and one we are enjoying.

So, if pa wants to visit Another place...no problem.  As for the rest of Great Britain? we are on a bit of a mission...to see as many nooks and crannies, highways and byways, towns and cities as we can over the next few years.....if our health and our bank balance hold out we are in for some exploring ...at old fogey pace and probably with a flask!

2 comments:

Macy said...

Jealous!

Steve said...

I seem to be unable to comment on your previous post... just wanted to say that York is fantastic. I spent a lot of time there in my twenties and really fell in love with the place.