Thursday, August 4, 2011

My baby is home......

OK...so my baby is 20.........but she has been away in Morocco and Spain and I am happy to see her back from her travels.

Moving on...................................

these are the books on my bedside table currently, and yet the one I am reading is in my new/old (see post re charity shop bag) bag. So how come, with all those books, I am getting into bed and watching Sopranos every night?.ooooh it is so so good..............and it is so enjoyable re-visiting a programme that you loved the first time around and watching the DVDs.

It is raining and cold today, and luckily I have a week in Portugal to look forward to, so it is a shame I just ate an enormous plate of gorgeous roasted chicken and vegetables, then again I was never going to wear a bikini, so what the hey.........

Friday tomorrow! good times....................................................................x

5 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

That reading list looks like the script of my life!!lol I started The Finkler Question but found it really depressing so left the old coffin-dodgers to their respective miseries in search of something cheerier (Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver - older woman seduced for a summer of love by handsome, much younger hunter....yeah, yeah, whatever...it`s a jolly good read and beautifully written!)
Glad the Prodigal Baby`s returned very safe and sound.Have a great weekend, Libs.

auntiegwen said...

Ooh i love buying books at Oxfam, every week I'm there and now you can't move for books. Have a great time in Portugal x

Andy said...

Family, roast chicken, travel, books, DVDs and weekends...who could ask for more?

Apart from gin, obviously.

Macy said...

Yay, The Sopranos. One of the joys of Sky Atlantic is getting back together with old pals - but this time with the kid.

Spooky cross over on your reading pile btw. I've done no less than 4 of them this year....

About Last Weekend said...

Wow, you are like me when it comes to the books. I'm just squinting trying to see all the titles. There's something full of possibilities about the spine of a book.