Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Relax, breathe, etc., etc.,.. look away now if you don't swear.....I need to let the fizz out of the bottle...

We have been told at work that we must have fun tomorrow. It is an instruction. Normal work will not cease mind you. The fun has to be fitted in where it can. The idle fuckers who do fuck all each and every day and sit around using the internet and making personal calls and talking and ignoring people they should be helping are leaving the work to just a few of us and after meetings and laughter came up with this wondrous announcement.
I am so beyond angry and I am despairing of ever being free from this shitty job. 
I do not use the internet at work...I am not derelict in any way in my duties...I continue to be efficient and busy and endeavour always to get what needs to be done done ...I answer every question/phone ... I do not fiddle anything.....I do not cut corners because it makes things easy...I do not mis-file information because 'who cares...it's funny'...... I do things PROPERLY because that is how IT SHOULD BE DONE and  I always have, and us old timers are  like hamsters on wheels working away keeping the place operational , seeming I am sure to be like sad old biddies left over from the olden days, and having to carry people who I seriously believe are educationally if not mentally deficient..........WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE........ I believe I get paid to work and I behave in a polite and professional and helpful way and I don't give a flying fuck if you are reading this and thinking that I should shut up and not be such a boring goody two shoes and JOIN THE PARTY......I'm paying for the fucking party...I am not employed by a large bank and I am not an MP  so I need to legitimately earn my tuppence and a toffee, and I know nobody likes a whiner but for fucks sake.... I have bitten my tongue and just ploughed on working as I just cannot do the 'if you can't beat them join them' thing and as people need help, and the work has to be done... I hoped that my colleagues would get a grip and help out with the  fucking work.........how naive! and I will never think it is ok for someone who is lazy and rude and thinks that saying 'the letter I writ' and 'be pacific' and cannot spell or file or speak to people pleasantly should  get away with being idle because they are so far up the bosses backsides you can only see the bosses smiling gurning face and the ares lickers shoes............actually I do need to be pacific (not specific, which is what the idiot meant) and remain calm.....otherwise something is going out of the office window tomorrow.......and it could be them, me or a computer..........along with what they decided the  FUN  tomorrow would be.......A BASTARD BAKED POTATO. They can shove that particular vegetable right up their arse..............

9 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

Ehm......I`ll come back later!!I`m feeling a little guilty because I had a baked potato for my tea...lots of love. x

Steve said...

A baked potato?

Erm. A baked potato is a lot of things but fun isn't one of them. Unless it gets shoved up someone's arse. Ah. You're already one step ahead of me.

auntiegwen said...

Fair play, I'm on your side and not just because I'm scared you'll stick a baked potato up my arse, Paul the carpet would pay good money for that. Love you lots xxx

About Last Weekend said...

Well said on every level! I'm so sorry, your workmates sound nightmare slackers. What about they simply drop you around a couple of cases of Kiwi sav blanc and a good Thai take-out and letting you have the day off. THAT would show they really wanted you to have fun tomorrow. Or maybe they should do a reality show on themselves ...enough rope to hang themselves...

Marcheline said...

I was going to make a serious, well-meant comment here, trying to help and all... until the "BASTARD BAKED POTATO" line, and then it all went to hell and I'm laughing, even though I know you're really pissed off.

SORRY. If you want sympathy, you can't hit people with things like "BASTARD BAKED POTATO". It's just too. Gadam. FUNNY!

*snort*

Trish @ Mum's Gone to... said...

Oh Libby I do hope that rant was cathartic for you because I feel bloody marvellous now just reading it!

Just know that you are the one who can have pride in your work ethic and it's important to be true to yourself.

(Baked potatoes are only fun if they are shaped like genitals)

Curry Queen said...

I hope you don't mind that your rant made my day - particularly the Bastard Baked Potato line...still sniggering now (in a warm and sympathetic manner, you understand!)

libby said...

...and breathe......thank you one and all for calling by and taking the time to comment....today I am calmer and although nothing has changed I am trying to be in a different 'head space' to deal with it all (my psychologist friend suggested this...along with copious amounts of wine and chocolate..) so I will smile, breathe and count my blessings...and blog friends!

Macy said...

Go Libby! Fantastic rant!