Sunday, July 31, 2011

End of the month....little rambling bits and pieces.....

The little things.......the sometimes ignored and not always appreciated times....they all add up to life being not too shabby really don't they?

Little things like.....

Having lunch with the mister and ma and pa today, at a wetherspoons (who would have guessed it..) I hate wetherspoons and their food...but I focussed on pa telling his oft heard jokes and ma really enjoying her 'ping' food and told myself that some day (hopefully a long way into the future) I will wish I could be with them in a wetherspoons again.....so I enjoyed it today.

The mister sanding and waxing the floors and the resulting light wood lifting the gloom in the hall is pretty cool.

 Buying this lovely leather bag in a charity shop, which had obviously been in the sun for a long time somewhere and was various shades of faded yellow/white and only some of the original tan colour. A slight accident with the bag and a cup of milkless roobios tea.......turned out to be the best accident ever as it gave me an idea.....cut to me sitting in the garden wiping tea all over the bag and then taadaah....back to tan.

This month saw my 29th wedding anniversary. The mister and me. Still together after ups and downs and changes that caused sleepless nights and headaches. Still here, him cooking me bacon sandwiches, me trying to get him to wear suncream on his 'whisper it' small bald spot.
Yesterday we enjoyed a day together that included cricket on the tv and radio for him, charity shopping for me, and gorgeous and reduced (how thrifty) dinner from Waitrose in the early evening after an afternoon of garden pottering, crochet, reading, crosswords, clean beds, and pottering about like real, dues paid, official members of the old fogies club, and do you know what? it was one of the loveliest days we have had for ages.




The sun shone, which was wonderful, grey weather is a bit monotonous and boring after a while..and the blue sky and warm air truly does make you feel better.

Work was done for the week, and the kids are off leading their lives, the cats are fed, the house is tidy, and we had no commitments, or time restraints....just a day to ourselves.

Realising that worrying about money is inevitable but pointless, and that each and every moment should be savoured....truly health is wealth.

Without getting all Patience (Constance?) Strong.......gosh that ages me does'nt it?
I am trying to take time to stand and breathe and think.............I suspect a friend is 'off' me at the moment and that does trouble me, but as I don't know why, I will leave the rhythm of our friendship to recalibrate itself naturally and hope for the best. 



I am looking back at July and giving thanks......good times presented themselves this month with London nudging at my heart reminding me that it wasn't all bad, when I visited my old friend with my old friend, and at the coast me and the mister spent time with loved ones......walks on the beach, glasses of fizz, watching films together snuggled up on big couches with tea and pudding.
Laughing together and enjoying being family.













This month has been kind to us. We have not had to visit hospitals. Sell the house or the kids.

I am aware that this kind of post is not entertaining, or a people-pleaser sort of post, and I have written similar before........but the reason for the repetition is purely selfish......... I need to constantly tell myself  to focus on the good and be thankful, to list my blessings and to appreciate days that are free of anxiety.

As I have said before 'I am afeared o'the Fates'.... and so will only allow myself this one little feeling of peace and contentment as I look back and thank the Universe/mother nature/whoever/whatever.......July is not over yet, but so far has been pretty darn good......I shall step tentatively into August with fingers crossed and hopes for another, unexceptional, yet really rather good month for me and mine.......and I wish the same for you and yours.

5 comments:

Macy said...

You nailed it in one Libby when you mentioned just imagining how one day in the future, you'll miss some things that irritate you now.
That's the trick. Appreciating that it's all too short.

Deeply jealous of the new bag too btw!

Steve said...

To focus on the good in our lives is the healthiest and most life affirming thing we can ever do. Good on you.

Curry Queen said...

Fabulous post - I could echo every word.

Nana Go-Go said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that. Thank You, Libs.
ps the bag is gorgeous and what are you crocheting?

libby said...

Macy...the trick does'nt always work..sometimes they drive me demented! but I keep at it! and the bag was £3....I use it for work and it carries a smaller handbag, my sandwiches, a book and sometimes a pair of flat shoes or an umbrella...I feel like mary poppins!
Steve...I am SO going to come into your workplace soon...I pass it every darn week!
CQ....So.. a husband with a bald patch who loves cricket eh?
Nana...thank you for reading Nana (Anne?) my bag is a charity shop find and I am crocheting my 2nd babette blanket...that is a project that should keep my going through the winter months!