Tuesday, May 17, 2011

sobbing luddite? moi?.......

As I may have mentioned before I am afeared of technology.
 I do the best I can though, and ironically write down all operating instructions on paper in a book using a pencil....sigh.
I am sitting here having just dried my eyes because I have been crying with frustration at not being able to skype my daughter. All day at work I have looked forward to being very 21st century and skyping away with a smile. Not gonna happen.....
I have before me the very specific written down  instructions, password etc., and have followed them all to a letter......but it keeps telling me that my log in details are not recognised... I have tried every manner of configuration all to no avail....so I try to set up a new password, which they assure me they will email to me and nothing has happened............... my daughter did just telephone so that was great and she is off out now so there will be no skyping for me........but I feel so foolish and OLD.
Last time we skyped my brother I think she logged in with her details so that might explain it, but at this point it doesn't matter...........WTF is wrong with me?
Driving to ma and pa's yesterday I had to stop the car and pull over into a layby and ring the mister just to ask him why I was crying?!?!  (Oh thats a good one to ask your husband when he is at work...trying to speak quietly to a wife who is obviously having a moment....) I am SO past menopausal and yet feeling tearful seems to be my default setting these last few weeks.
Rationally I know that I can tick off on my hands all the things in life that are causing stress at the moment but so what...so can everybody else who is functioning without welling up all the time....I need to get a grip.

Have blown my nose now and am going to go and get a glass of wine.....or a cup of tea....at least find some chocolate somewhere.......
this is the remains of birthday cake.......




thanks for listening.........

9 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

Och, Libs, was it your birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU - lucky for you I can`t Skype either so you`ve been spared the pain of actually hearing me singing it to you!! Your tears may be a sign of a wee bit of depression settling on you...maybe the aftershock of your Ma`s recent scare....whatever the cause, don`t guess at what`s up...go see your doc and tell him how you`re feeling. If it`s any consolation, my doc told me the `change` can last for anything from 5 to 8 years which in my case is running on to 10 -!!Your hubby sounds like a real diamond, lucky thing! Feel free to email me anytime you like - I`m all ears (and nose too, by all accounts!).

Isabelle said...

Oh, poor you. I weep on the way to work quite often, because of the sad departure to London of my beloved Daughter 2 and because she's marrying an actor who doesn't seem (to us) worthy of her. Life can be rubbish sometimes.

Kelloggsville said...

Chocolate cake is the obvious solution to all things sobby. We all have 'technical moments' when things that should bloody work just will not and the world around us says in unison 'really, mine works fine'. It usually want to slap them! Tomorrow it will be somebody else's turn. Ps turn off the pc today. And tomorrow create yourself a new account from scratch :)

Marcheline said...

Happy Birthday! Stop crying! Or have another glass of wine and cry some more! Whatever gets your juices flowing.

libby said...

Ladies..I thank each and every one of you...you are good gals! I have pulled myself together...I DID get the bloody skype sorted eventually and will try again tonight...I AM NOT going to keep getting tearful...I had tea and cake last night instead of wine...and today is a new day..RISE AND SHINE WITH A SMILE!!

auntiegwen said...

I hate technology with a passion, I haven't even attempted to skype so you're way better than me. Would you like a lunch over with us at some point? xxxxxx

Moannie said...

Oh dear, poor you. That crying business usually sorts itself out. Post menopausal eh! Explains it a bit. Things we won't ever be able to do again, even though we wouldn't want to.

Chin up.

Think I might post about my new mobile. Thanks for the inspiration. I'll give you a link.

Working Mum said...

Like Aunty Gwen, I've had skype for 16 months now to talk to my friends in France, but haven't plucked up the courage to try yet so you are further on than me. I also spent Monday evening in tears when I couldn't get husband's new laptop to connect to the router and Pipex didn't answer my call despite holding for an hour!! (Don't ask why husband couldn't do it himself, he's less technologically minded than me!)

Pour more wine, I'll join you! :)

libby said...

AG...that would be lovely, I'll email you...ps do you have any 'news'? any relationship news???
Moannie...thanks for the kind words....I was in Whitstable at the weekend and wanted to call you but was a bit scared to just in case I got all emotional!
Working mum....I DID just skype my daughter..it was SO lovely, you must give it a go...and I have my wine here now...cheers!