Monday, May 23, 2011

on my mind....just this and that....

The potatoes in pots experiment is coming on apace......they are looking like triffids now and I suspect that there is not enough room in the tubs, should I maybe transfer them into the ground? mmmm....the last transplanting I did was to move a bay tree from a small tub to a bigger one...it looks very dead now....very brown and crinkly...I feel very guilty.
I have to go to the dentist today. I do not like going to the dentist. I think I need a filling. I shall answer that everything is ok if they ask me about any problems though. I am a big wuss.
I have been 'saving for best' a lovely dress that I bought in a charity shop last year........sadly I haven't needed to use it yet...I tried it on yesterday and the bloody thing is too tight around my ever increasing belly/arse/hips.....darn.  My mother suggested I try to lose the weight. Keep the dress and get into it at some point. I don't think I have the dedication to do this. Moral? don't keep things for best......
My daughter has exams this week.....good luck sweetheart.
My husband has a birthday this coming weekend....he needs cheering up a bit.......does Annie Lennox do house calls?
I would like to try to do a photo mosaic......might investigate that.........
The kitchen and bathroom floors really do need to be cleaned today.....
Other stuff is rattling around in my brain too......maybe a good long bike ride will clear out some fog in there....although it is really really windy ....... see I have no dedication..........don't ever have me in your lifeboat........I like to think I could do a 'Molly Brown' and keep up everyones spirits but I suspect I might be one of the first overboard after someone else has slapped me for whimpering 'we're all going to die..'....
This is a very strange post..why am I just wittering away and tap tap tapping? 'cos it's keeping me from washing the floors........

5 comments:

Trish @ Mum's Gone to... said...

Deliciously random!

Steve said...

The floors can wait. They'll still be there tomorrow.

Kelloggsville said...

I would have slapped the unsinkable Molly Bloody Brown whilst screaming "will you just shut up shut up SHUT UP". Would that have helped you?!

Are you sticking to the floors yet? No? leave it another day then, they'll only get dirty again!

libby said...

Floor cleaning? naaaahhhhhh....not on my agenda today.....clean floors are highly over rated me thinks.........unless a health hazard then a few colourful blobs here and there dont seem to worry me too much these days......

Betty said...

hmmm, it's window cleaning here, that's why I am hovering over the laptop - if only my windowcleaner did the inside of windows - I don't think I could ask, he could get the wrong idea. So, off to do the windows then, maybe I will partake in some random chit chat myself later, it's that sort of a day, Bettyx