Friday, April 15, 2011

seesaw....this week...

This week my ma collapsed in my arms and I thought she had had a stroke. It was very scary. Luckily we were outside the surgery and the GP called an ambulance....the GP and the paramedics were wonderful. She had not had a stroke. She is ok now. We will watch this space.  So the bad is her collapsing and scaring the bejasus out of me...but the good is that she did not have a stroke.
My son and DIL were rear ended in their car by an arse who was going too fast. He had the grace to apologise, but their car has been written off.....they have only had it for a few months. So the bad is them losing the new car. The good is that had they been in their old car they would have been squished to death...they are here..that is all that matters.
With my husband we made our big decision. He is on a different path in life at the moment and I am at his side. We hope it will be an adventure.

7 comments:

Steve said...

Thank God for silver linings...

Trish @ Mum's Gone to... said...

This post nearly passed me by as your newest one appears on my blog-roll!
So sorry to hear about your mum - hopefully they will find out what caused her to collapse and it can be sorted.
That's a bugger about the car. We have been thinking that when it comes to Rory learning to drive we will buy him one that has as much metal/cage/safety bars around him as possible. It's other people you have to worry about!

Good luck with the big decision xx

libby said...

Yes Steve....so many silver linings to be thankful for really.
Trish...your heart will be in your mouth when Rory drives off on his own for the first time, but Knowing that you have done all you can to protect him will ease it slightly.
Thank you both for dropping by and saying hello..it is appreciated xx

Nana Go-Go said...

This one nearly passed me by too! So sorry to hear about your poor Ma. I really hope it`s nothing serious. My heart was in my mouth the first time my youngest roared off on his first motor bike!!!Hardly slept for the year he had it, waiting for him to come home at night. Thanked God when he finally got rid!Can sleep more peacefully knowing he`s roaring around in a tractor all day!

libby said...

A tractor? how fabulous...I'd love a go on that!

Deer Baby said...

Really hope your Mum is okay and that it was nothing serious. Very scary for you though.

libby said...

Deer Baby (Alison?) thank you....turns out to be a combination of blood pressure/irregular heart and fasting for 24 hrs for a blood test that is messing mom about...as I get older I really am learning to take each day as it comes and appreciate it..the good and the bad..it is what it is after all. Thanks for commenting.