Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Oh dear,,,,,

Had another 'episode' at work yesterday.
Was asked to help out another team as they were short staffed.....was aware that everybody else on the other team was 'working' at a different speed......either dead slow or stop......and had been for some hours......there were comments like 'slow down you're making us look bad' and 'people usually have to wait anyway what is your rush'........and yet to me I was just doing what we do usually, and what my team do all the time.
The 'workers' spent all morning talking, drinking coffee, and ignoring people (including me who was doing all the work) and at lunchtime I left. Found my 'boss' and asked why the fuck I was there as they obviously didn't need me?
Only I did rattle off a lot of 'lazy bone idle fuckers' as well.................................I truly let the fizz out of the bottle....and said that I needed to stay in work but was struggling big time with this behaviour and needed some help from him.....he looked at me and you could see him thinking 'mental older lady...treat with care'.....
he has been with us for 6 months....I have been there for 34 years....and yes I know that sometimes us 'old timers' need to change to accommodate new ways.........but it seems to me and the other couple of 'lifers' here that all the new people have a very different idea of how to operate and no notion of customer service and do indeed leave all the work to us..........we are the 'go to' people for answers and knowledge but are also treated like doormats .......I want to leave....I hate my job....I feel like a prisoner.....wishing my life away one week at a time......I might count out how many days I have left until I'm 60 and cross them off on an inside my head calendar...........and learn to keep my 'bone idle fuckers' comments inside my head too.........
wish me luck.

7 comments:

Steve said...

"wishing my life away one week at a time..." Oh I know how that feels!

diney said...

Hey - I'm so sorry to read this. It must be terrible for you to so detest your job - I guess you have to think that it could be worse - cleaning used cammodes with a hose pipe comes to mind (a nephew had to do this once when a student desperate for extra money!!!). Now doesn't that make your job seem a little better? just a tad? Good luck and keep smiling when you swear at them all.

libby said...

Steve - but you are young enough and talented enough to make a change...consider it!

Diney - thank you so much for your really kind comment...I do hate to moan...but am struggling at the moment and need to remember to smile!

Kelloggsville said...

is it entirely necessary to hold back the 'bone idle fuckers' comments? Or maybe you just work thrice as fast to help the hours speed past and make them look thrice as bad. I did 2 years in a job like that, I threw in the towel and went to roll posters for a while instead in a factory, it was a great release after such intense hatred of my old job.

libby said...

Kellogsville...thanks for commenting.
I am aware that I could come across as goody goody here, but as I am not the only one who feels this way, I must find a way to carry on...as sad as it sounds customer service is important to us and I refuse the be dragged down to the level of the 'let them wait/dont worry about getting it right/tell them anything' brigade

Curry Queen said...

I can relate entirely! I too am sick of working with people who are actually obstructive but who seem to receive all the praise, all the pay rises and, if it looks as if they are about to be found out, usually play some sort of depression card (or pull some other unquantifiable disorder out of the bag). More power to you and well done for having the strength to utter those words "lazy bone idle fuckers"!

Nana Go-Go said...

I just hate working....end of!(I`ve been doing it for a very,very,very long time!).x