Tuesday, March 15, 2011

letting go...

So.
My daughter has just caught the train back to University.
As we hugged and said goodbye, she said laughingly  'I don't want to go..' but I wasn't worried as she loves it and was just having a 'moment'. She had a chesty cough and cold when she arrived and after 3 days of being spoilt rotten by ma and pa, is now much better. When she said she didn't want to go I replied with a kiss 'but if you stay here you will just lie on the couch wrapped in that blanket cuddling your cats and watching bad television..' to which she replied 'sounds good to me.....'

We have had a lovely few days, and last night snuggled up under my newly finished babette blanket and with the mister watched two films that we love, the original 'let the right one in' and 'the wedding singer'.

Earlier in the day we had been faffing about here and there in the car and had some rather fabulous 'motown' moments...both singing out loud and her laughing and looking at me askance if I used the word funky.....but I cared not as I was lost in reminiscing about disco way back when........

So....my girl......... back at Easter.........I'm looking forward to it already.

3 comments:

Steve said...

Sometimes it's the times apart that makes us value the times together all the more.

Nana Go-Go said...

Must be the old hooker in me - I love your `Babette`!Sorry your girl`s gone back but won`t be long until Easter! Have a good week, Libs. x

Lottie said...

Oh God you poor thing...as much as my daughter DRIVES ME NUTS...my heart hurt when she was on a recent ski trip for a week...can't imagine a whole term x