Monday, February 14, 2011

setting myself a deadline.....

No, not for anything interesting or fabulous or life changing....no losing weight or having a book published or learning mandarin (Good Lord I wish I had the intelligence and determination to do something like that..) or finally becoming comfortable with I.T. .......
just setting myself a goal for today as I have a lot to do and I thought that it would be lovely to sit down this evening and feel good about getting it all done........
apologies to anyone who thinks that words of wisdom, ideas on how to achieve peace in world hotspots or discussions on medicine and education rights for our children will be aired and viewed and posted here....sorry......got to get my arse off this chair...............
ps. me and dithering and generally dragging my feet? well acquainted............

6 comments:

Trish @ Mum's Gone to... said...

I keep walking up the stairs thinking they need a good old hoover. Will get cracking on that now if I know your arse is off the chair too!
(Thanks for the comments over at mine - you and others have been of great comfort x)

auntiegwen said...

procrastination rules ! x

Steve said...

Seems a very reasonable deadline to me!

Isabelle said...

Yes, I'm a great believer in deadlines. They stop one footering about.

libby said...

Well.....it worked for me.
Washing? tick
Ironing? tick
Dusting? tick
Hoovering? tick
Pottering? tick
Then an early screening of Never Let Me Go with my husband.......all I can say is we were both a little teary eyed...such a lovely film.
Am I not alone in setting deadlines then? although it has to get to the stage where things MUST be done.....more like AG there..
Thanks for commenting everyone....reading comments from lovely people is like getting a letter everyday...I do appreciate everyone.

Deer Baby said...

Wow - you did it all. I set myself deadlines too....they come and go. But it's a great kick up the arse.