Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Only in the privacy of your own home.......

Thank goodness that I cannot be seen at the moment.
It is cold here. The heating is on. The fire is on.
I am not warm.
I am dressed like a really old lady......I am wearing an old lady tartan wrap/poncho thing that I keep thrown over the chair for times just like this....if any visitor were to arrive, it would be taken off and thrown quickly back over the chair.
Not that we have unexpected visitors...which is how we like it really.
A tartan poncho........only a matter of time until it's a slanket...............................................

6 comments:

Steve said...

There's nothing wrong with a lovely spot of tartan, wee hen!

Nana Go-Go said...

`Tartan` and `Poncho` should never be seen in the same sentence..yee gads!..but Libs, I`m laughing for I have a Black Watch mohair thingy which serves the same purpose!DO NOT BUY A SLANKET!

Betty said...

and then 'the big slipper' that felt slipper that holds both feet? we have cheap £2 ikea throws dotted around and it's surprising how warm and cosy they can be - even visitors snuggle up in them!

libby said...

Tonight I am modelling a rather fetching cardigan....it cost £1 at a WI bring and buy sale....lovely in the house but will never set foot outside the house in it....I am a secret shambles of a dresser! Sometimes, just in the house I put outfits together that are warm and comfortable and as my husband says 'have a look of care in the community to them'....

auntiegwen said...

What's wrong with a slanket? and you always look lovely when we go out :) x

Mrs Jones said...

Ha! I've just been given a slanket for christmas by my mother-in-law. And, frankly, this winter I've been quite tempted to use it!