Friday, January 21, 2011

Back from the pictures....

The film is fabulous.
Not only a fascinating telling of a story, but beautiful to look at, and a film that makes me, who is not a monarchist, actually have some sympathy for the people who inhabit that strange world of 'being royal'.
Not overly long, with an ending that brings a smile to the lips and a hint of a tear to the eye (was that just me?) every performance was spot-on.
Of course, Colin Firth is WAY too good looking to play Bertie and let's face it Helena Bonham Carter is incredibly beautiful, so thinking of her as the Queen muvver is stretching it a bit, and the very beautiful Jennifer Ehle made me think of Meryl Streep.....and Mr Rush is great as Lionel.

Wish men and women still wore the sort of clothes worn during that time (although with my cankles the dumpy shoes would perhaps not be great) as suits on men, with hats, and fox furs and fabulous dresses on the ladies, looked so gorgeous.
Anyway....go...see what you think.....

4 comments:

Steve said...

Yet another thumbs up for this film. I really must go and see it for myself.

auntiegwen said...

We're going today. And cankles? yet another thing we share xxx

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

I loved this film, truly entertaining and Geoffrey Rush should be nominated for best supporting actor. Colin Firth is such a dish! Hope you sorted out those lazy feckers you seem to be working with! Every work place has them.

libby said...

This film does seem to have something for everyone.
Steve..do try to go..is it the Regal or the Clifton these days? or am I going back in time there?
AG...we share such a lot (but I wish I had boobs like you!)although surely with the fitflops you can't have cankles...
MOB....welcome and thanks for dropping by and commenting...yes Colin Firth could 'Darcy' me anytime....and the lazy buggers at work? what really pisses me off is that they get paid at the end of the month just like I do...I should just go on a go slow maybe...