Monday, November 8, 2010

shopping like a pensioner.......

As I have mentioned before, each week I take my dad to the supermarket.
He has a list.
We buy,  more or less,  the same things each week.
Nothing fancy.
Fruit, vegetables, bread, cheese, washing powder, tea. Marmalade, sugar. Sometimes croissants, sometimes cakes.

I found myself for the first time ever, seeing that there was a  ' two for one/half price/50%' deal on PGTips saying with a hint of excitement in my voice 'ooh that's good dad, I'll have one of those...' and realised that I am a pensioner in waiting.........

4 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

.....only if it was the Co-op you were in!lol

auntiegwen said...

we all are!!!

Steve said...

2 for 1? Which shop? Which shop?!

libby said...

All in all we shopped in Tesco, Iceland, and Co-op......made a bit of a jaunt of it before a hospital appt., Life's little pleasure's eh?