Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Madness...just madness.....

Remember when someone crashed into my car passenger doors in June.  Admitted liabiltiy then changed their mind. Damaged the new car I had just finished paying for. All these months later it is still not resolved. To top it all, the Insurance company say that it is now a write off............because the cost of the two replacement doors and sill is almost the value of the 3 yr old low mileage car. That I drive. That is the first car I have ever bought. That apparently is now worth tuppence and a bit of string. I would rather just continue to use it, damaged doors untouched than scrap it. Has the world turned upside down?
.

3 comments:

Steve said...

It's maddening how everything is utterly devalued once insurers get involved.

auntiegwen said...

Mad isn't it? xxx

Marcheline said...

Drive it with the banged up doors. I speak from experience. You will now be able to use the car without fear of where you park it or if it gets scratched up. It's now broken in, and has personality. As long as the engine is good, keep on truckin!