Monday, August 9, 2010

Compartmental....

Ker-rikey, there is some great stuff out there in blogland. I am truly impressed with the standard of a lot of the blogs that I have just spent some time reading. Yet again, I find that I am drawn to the funny, my age-ish, here we all are in it together, sort of stuff, with a cursory nod now and again to the serious/arty/stimulating/emotional/young and trendy/domestic/highbrow (oh yes I have my moments y'know).
I am slightly puzzled by the blogs that seem to post lots and lots of pictures from very expensive magazines, and as I don't have to then buy that magazine as I have 'virtually' flicked through it, I thank them, but wonder why the authors don't annotate the pictures in some way. I seem to be avoiding the fashion blogs....mmmmm...no change there then....and as much as I would like to spend lots of money on good quality clothing and accessories, I think I am hard wired into wearing normal stuff and charity shop stuff and given to me by my sister stuff and just appreciating the fact that fashion has just passed me by. The cookery blogs are gorgeous, with lots of pictures of cakes and dishes that look tempting, but let's face it...I just don't do cooking anymore..in fact I don't do housework anymore, apart from what I consider to be the holy trinity of the house not looking too bad, namely, the beds must be made, the kitchen tidy, and bleach in the clean loos. Dusting and hoovering gets done when it really starts to get me down, or there is a visitor coming, whichever occurs first, and other than a sort of straighten around in the sitting room I consider that to be enough. The craft/designer blogs are fabulous to visit, and now and again I think about throwing away 30 odd years of accumulated stuff that we live with, and going all sleek, chic and minimalist, but really? aint gonna happen unless I win the lottery is it? Then there are the serious writer blogs.....now you really have to be in the mood for these I find. Some are wonderful displays of 'I am pouring out my most heartfelt dreams/memories here for the world to read' and you feel like a big gin and tonic and a lie down afterwards, others are very 'I am so talented and clever thank god for blogs because I needed to be published'...nuff sed. Now and again there are a few that make me realise how wonderful really really good writing can be. Photography blogs are impressive, with me aching to buy a camera and really learning how to use it, and music blogs make me feel old....I like what I like and am not really into trying new stuff as I have'nt finished with the old stuff yet and never will be. Visiting blogs is part of my day now and I need to update my list of those I regularly visit as I read so many, and will continue to find others I guess.  Don't know how to finish this little out loud pondering so will just.....stop.

5 comments:

Steve said...

I have to say I never cease to be amazed by my journeys through the bloggosphere - there's everything from the ridiculous to the truly sublime. Sadly I think the pendulum of my blog has got stuck on the former!

Monalisa said...

I agree with you. There are some fascinating blogs to read. I just worry that I spend too long on the computer reading them and not doing other things. ie cleaning, walking, seeing real people and so on...

auntiegwen said...

I read so many too, and all an eclectic mix, God bless Blogger

Moannie said...

Don't know quite which category my blog would fit, Libby, as I do a bit of everything.

The thing is to find one that is sympathic [in the French meaning of the word] to you. There is just so much angst one can take at any one time-and please do remember that not all of us who open our hearts are looking for a publisher. Blogland is VAST...'twould be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

I like your musings.

libby said...

Ah but people....you are all writers I love to read, and have to swing by your places everyday...keep up the good work!