Sunday, February 7, 2010

My dad (82 and quite a tall, well built chap) fell over this week......poor thing never usually falls and it has taken him by surprise and shaken him slightly....it has also given him a gash/bump just above his eye that bled quite badly at the time but now seems to be ok.
Spending some time with him yesterday was a curious 'normal' day that was tinged with me thinking things like ' he could have killed himself....one day he won't be here' and missing him so even though he was right in front of me...does that make sense??......
As I left my parents house I kissed and hugged them both as usual and really tried to remember how they felt and smelt and laughed....am I morbid?
ANYHOO....apropos my previous post and my list I have already made inroads into quite a few of the things listed.....had my longest serving best friend to stay on Friday night (drank too much and sat up till 1 talking..I know .....1 in the morning!!! ) and I have booked tickets for two gigs for later in the year.....

1 comment:

auntiegwen said...

Go you, hope your dad has many more healthy and happy years xx