Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today was the funeral of my Auntie who died on Boxing day. I took my mom and dad to the church and funeral and small 'do' afterwards. I was sad for my cousins but strangely found so much of today a beautiful day...being blessed by still having my parents.....holding on to my moms hand in the church while we listened to her favourite hymns and she gently sobbed.....being in the beautiful church where both my auntie and my parents were married over 60 years ago....the bright bright blue sky and crisp white snow at the cemetery....holding a beautiful flower to throw into the waiting plot where my auntie was reunited with her husband...smiling with my dad as he enjoyed the hot soup, cold guinness and warm memories...driving safely home and thinking how beautiful life is.

No comments: