Saturday, January 9, 2010

Still in my pyjamas as I have'nt even dressed today....have been shuffling about like a right old woman....walking home last night I slipped on the ice and fell flat on my back with my right leg tucked under me...isnt it strange how the slip/fall thing happens so quickly but while its happening,in your head it seems to be slow motion...as I lay there some very kind people came to try to hoist me up and off the ice and as one lady said 'dont move you've bumped your head' another one said 'here's the ambulance'....now this seemed to me to be very curious as I had only just fallen and had'nt bumped my head ... had I been unconscious? how was there an ambulance there so quickly? I had only just fallen.... anyhoo it seems that a passing ambulance had seen me fall and stopped anyway....don't you just feel such a fool when you slip or fall....but today I feel like I have been beaten up.....and how old granny do you feel when your 18 yr old daughter offers to rub some pain relief gel on you before she skips off out into the Saturday night.....

2 comments:

auntiegwen said...

and I bet she didn't have a proper coat on!!!

With much love from another old granny xx

libby said...

thank you darlin! you're right..legs up to her armpits and not a vest to keep her chest warm..