Saturday, April 30, 2016

Flying visit.......

Yesterday I was persuaded to get the train down to that there London to meet my sister and niece and my daughter...we were going to have a girls night out....which isn't something we ever really do.....but an opportunity presented itself,  we met, had dinner and danced at Shoreditch House (where the average age is YOUNG) and had a splendid time. Then a lovely big breakfast this morning and home on the fast train this afternoon.....the whole get together was quite last minute and splendid and the best bit for my sister and myself was that 'the girls' (our daughters) wanted to spend time with us.....and were not embarrassed when we did a bit of mum dancing in the disco/club room last night.........................and the next best bit? ...singing together in the uber last night, fuelled by a little wine and a lot of happiness.

9 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

You make me smile and make my heart happy. Plain good fun.

Cro Magnon said...

You devils! Wine has a lot to answer for.

Nana Go-Go said...

One of my d's-in-law was,also I. Shoreditch this weekend with her pals.Must ask her whether she went clubbing at the same place!Great that your young 'uns don't regard you as invisible and unnecessary. There's a lot of it about!x

Nana Go-Go said...

'Was also in...' that was meant to say!Flippin' Kindle!

sensibilia said...

You are so on-trend! Dancing in a club and taking a ride in a Uber! I have read about such things, but never imagined taking part.
So great that you had some fun with your family.

auntiegwen said...

That sounds brilliant x

libby said...

J..thank you...good fun was had by all.
Cro...it does indeed!
Nana...oh there are times when we slip into invisibility mode but last Friday was not one of those times..such a happy evening.
S...on trend? that is a very on trend thing to say S! and yes it was fun....next time you're in that there London treat yourself to an Uber..cheap fast and fun.
AG...it really was..xx

Yorkshire Pudding said...

Why don't they have mum dancing on "Strictly"? I might watch it then. I was also in that there London this weekend but I didn't see you.

libby said...

YP...but I waved to you!