Friday, March 4, 2016

Just skeetering about in my head......

I think Paul Ryman (the actor Peter Egan) in Ever Decreasing Circles is very attractive.
His voice is lovely.
I have worked hard today, moved furniture and pottered about doing this'n'that.
One of my favourite musical films is The Unsinkable Molly Brown.
Musicals never let me down.
Ma seems to be showing definite signs of dementia....and when I took Pa shopping a few days ago he told me his fears that this was so...as if none of us had noticed.
Politics, immigrants, scientific research, trying to be kind and not be anxious.......thoughts that are very much on my mind at the moment.
Setting up an ebay account...yes? no? I have such a lot of stuff......I need to have less stuff.
The architectural technician we have asked to draw up our extension plans....will that all work out ok?
My mister needs to have a break...he works long hours, drives a long way each day, is trying to be everything for everybody.
Truth be told when I tried to find a mothers day card for Ma today I struggled with all the 'you're the best mother in the world/most wonderful being ever to walk the earth/how would I live without you and your marvelousness stuff.................and if that makes me a bad daughter so be it.

More tomorrow..........


3 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

You could be my sister! We think so alike. Especially re the Mother's Day cards and no that doesn't make us bad daughters, it just proves how stretched to the limits we are. I'm not a racist in any shape or form but I encountered our first set of refugees in Tesco last week getting instructions on how to buy clothes. Two families with 6 kids between them and the county set to accept another 5 families next week. My youngest son and his wife are struggling in their small house where their two little uns are sharing a tiny bedroom and no chance of a larger house because they're both girls. My son gets up at 5 am each morning to go to work for them all and sometimes works all weekend. My daughter-in-law also works part-time. They're trying their hardest to save up for a deposit for a house but they're struggling with that too. But no, I'm not a racist. Happy Weekend to you, Libs and try turning off the radio and tv and not listening to the news! Works for me. xxx

Cro Magnon said...

I just wish my dear mother was still here so I could send her any old card. I tried to be a dutiful son, but I'm sure I failed.

libby said...

Nana.....I used to think news avoidance might be a good idea, but I can't do it I'm afraid, and when I was with Ma yesterday I really did try to just appreciate the moment. Have a good week Nana..x
Cro....You are probably being too hard on yourself..mother love is a strong bond.