Monday, February 8, 2016

Better than using it to dry up....


The top pic is a t-towel that I bought in Rekjavik airport and then brought home and framed.
The bottom one is not a t-towel.  I bought it (watercolour/pen and ink?) in Gothenburg but it reminds me of Spain or France.
We don't do drying up in our house....t-towels tend to be used as oven gloves here.
Crikey this is riveting stuff isn't it? anyhoo.......these posts are just nonsense posts that are allowing me to get used to regular blogging again... so that I can begin to post more frequently in the future....sort of trying out words and sentences and pictures as a 'toes in the water' thingy before jumping in.

7 comments:

sensibilia said...

How lovely. I do make a point of hoarding nice tea-towels, (rather than using them) but no-one sees them, because I would not have the skill to do such a lovely framing job!

adventuresinrealityblog said...

I use a teatowel ovenglove too! Mrs A thinks I'm mental....

Cro Magnon said...

My first impression about the watercolour was somewhat like your own. It could be sold almost anywhere in Europe as a local scene (and possibly is).

libby said...

S...not much skill involved in the framing truly!
Mr AG...a tradition passed down through the ages....
Cro..it is pleasing to me whatever or wherever it is and I bought it
in Gothenburg when the snow was over a foot deep and the picture looked like another country..it's prettier in real life than in the photo.

auntiegwen said...

Loving the framed tea towel

libby said...

AG..thankyou...it is apparently named 'The Helm of Awe'...xx

Mrs. Splapthing said...

I have several "for looking at only" vintage tea towels. I installed three small steel plates (found them in the DIY store) on the door between my kitchen and the pantry, with small screws. Then I bought some ultra-strong decorative magnets (also DIY store). When I want to display a tea towel, I hang it on the door with the magnets. When I change out my vintage tablecloth/drying towels, I also swap out my display tea towel! Most of them are Scottish - thistles, bagpipers, maps of Scotland, etc. I do have one that's the map of the London Underground, too.