Tuesday, March 10, 2015

So much better than the alternative.....

The mister and I have just returned from a long weekend in Malta with friends.
Changeable weather and apart from one very tasty Saturday evening dinner in a lovely restaurant,
the food was also very ... changeable.
If we had stayed at home there would have been all the normal weekend stuff...seeing family, washing and ironing, dusting and hoovering, shopping and trying to catch up with stuff...and possibly some gardening and ironing too.
Instead we had a bit of this.....


The emotional wear and tear of the last month or so can easily be acknowledged and then filed away as 'draw a line under that now' when you sit in such a pretty courtyard and drink a cold beer or two.....thank you mister - you're a keeper methinks.

9 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

That's not fair! You should've asked me to come - I've had more than my fair share of emotional whats-its too!!lol Glad you both had a relaxing time. Jolly nice pics. x

Cro Magnon said...

For your next weekend break, may I suggest Marrakesh. It's so near, yet it's so totally different; like walking into another world. This time of year is perfect.

K Ville said...

Oh wonderful, good for you. 'A keeper' that made me chuckle! Glad you're settled on that now after all these years :)

auntiegwen said...

Lovely, do more of that, can we come? xx

Marcheline said...

Whoaaaaah. Could SO use some of that right now.

About Last Weekend said...

U deserve the break libby! I had no idea Malta was so cool. Now i wosh i went when i lived in london...loving those outdoor chairs

Trish Burgess said...

That's why we live our little trips - it's wonderful to have them to look forward to and it stops us doing the chores (or Dougie nipping into the surgery to catch up on work!). Glad you had a relaxing tine xx

Nana Go-Go said...

Libs - get in touch - I have 4 huge balls of Stylecraft Aran 1600gr in total which my mother just donated to me that you can have for your pick of for your poncho if you like. I'll send you a pic of them if you email me.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

By any chance were The Ganjou Brothers and Juanita playing in Valetta? I hope you didn't over-exert The Mister following his gall bladder operation.