Monday, June 9, 2014

Wut up....

So I can't find this wallpaper I'm after....
majijeka wallpaper beige from B+Q.......
and Don't Judge Me ... I like it........
but I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE........
and today I ironed for England.....lots and lots of clothes.....we have far too many clothes.......
had to go to Argos and buy a rail to put the Misters shirts on.........
and I filled my car up with petrol and then drove miles to a cheap store to buy my 'made for old ladies
who have wrinkles and are trying to not look hideous' face wipes which are on offer in Wilkinsons...so used lots of petrol..........does not make sense eh? No savings there.
I'm at the end of a bottle of Prosecco and experiencing  that 'do I or don't I open another bottle'? dilemma.
Today I tried on a £3550 diamond ring.....nearly bought it.
Thought about it and then......managed to reign in some of the sense that seems to be escaping from my mind...told the Lady to keep it until Saturday and I would have another look then...... yeah like that is going to happen....
I'm a little on edge because I'm trying to negotiate a reduction in my working hours - 4 days down to 3 and Hell Yes I need to reduce my hours 'cos mental health is priceless....and until I have signed/sealed etc., I can hardly breathe....
On Saturday I borrowed a dog....the lovely Tess... and did the 5k walk for Life....it rained and rained and was the best hour I've had in ages............

10 comments:

John Gray said...

Did you spell the wallpaper right?
Just been looking for it

auntiegwen said...

well, we have to see it before we promise not to judge you... will I have a look over here for you? xxx

Nana Go-Go said...

Hope you get that reduction in your hours. I'm still on medical hiatus and may return to work next week but they'll have to drag me back! Hope you find your wallpaper too and if you can afford it, buy the ring! Good on you walking the walk and with a lovely companion too.Love your new 'dotty' look!x

Cro Magnon said...

Go on; buy the ring. You only live once!

Nana Go-Go said...

I couldn't find your wallpaper but I found similar here: http://www.next.co.uk/x533086s6#867069x53

libby said...

You are all so very helpful and kind...thankyou. I have tracked some down to a store about an hour away so will get it there....and hopefully won't hate it once its up!

Trish Burgess said...

Just come from Auntie Gwen with her handbag dilemma. I think I'd be happier spending money on jewellery so I would say go for it and, if you buy it, wear it often, so you can look at it as you're driving to Wilkinson's for your wet wipes...

K Ville said...

There's no saving to be had in Wilcos, it's like shopping at Ikea. I buy lots of "ooooh look at that bargain" bits and it costs me more than if I had just nipped into Boots for what I needed and eyed up a lot of "oooohhh I'm not paying that for it"s

Jay said...

I hope you manage to get the reduction in hours....and the ring!

Marcheline said...

I think trying the ring on was brilliant (wish you'd have taken a photo of it!) but it was probably smart not to buy it. You only live once, indeed, so why spend your life under pressure of debt when you can go try on diamond rings for free? I'm one of those weird women that thinks money spent on "things" is often regretted, whereas money spent on "experiences" (like travel, or local adventures) is the best of all.