Thursday, November 14, 2013

I had to bring him home......

Well I'm thinking of it as a him.....a relative of Rudolph perhaps? Stood on the charity shop floor looking for a home...how could I not bring him back to join us for Christmas? I might tie a festive ribbon around his neck..what do you think? tartan or red or Christmassy? any ideas?


And now I'm asking for an opinion on scent or possible fake scent..........
On the left are my two empty bottles (and I know it is a little odd to keep empty bottles but rather than throw them away, I put them, minus the top, into underwear and jumper drawers) and on the right is the full bottle that my mister bought me the other day at a local pharmacy......but it doesn't seem to be right somehow.....is this a new bottle design? and why does it have hardly any noticeable smell at all? I have had both Eau d T and Eau d P and I'm not sure this is either of those.......do I sound totally mad? perhaps........

In other news, my big Sis is recovering well but is still quite lacking in any energy, and has to take medication everyday. Ma and Pa are doing the very best they can, but now Ma is in bed with a chest infection. How lightly we take our daily good fortune and health.....only thinking about 'what if' scenarios once the comfortable clip-clop of our apple cart life is upturned in some way.

We are off to Gdansk in a couple of weeks (and yes I know...we do always
go to the cheap and cheerful
 get to-able by cheap airlines places....but that is the appeal...cheap, close to get to and we've never been before....we look at it as having adventures...honestly!) and another short weekend away is something to look forward to.....these little breaks are proving to be worth their weight in gold.

This was how frosty the ground was in the mornings on our Cumbria trip....but that made no difference...I think having a birthday in November has made me love this time of year best of all!

It must be very obvious by now that this post is really a bit of stuff'n'nonsense but I did want to get back into the blogging groove.....I have just passed my 4yr blogging anniversary and something in me wants to make it to 5yrs......let's see.

12 comments:

auntiegwen said...

OOH you said the C word too :) xxx ps I wear that scent too, we are far too alike :) xxx

Cro Magnon said...

Most travel companies do short, cheap, 'weekend breaks' to Marrakesh. Just an idea; it's a wonderful place!

Steve said...

No good me commenting on the validity of the perfume... I'm a bloke!

Yorkshire Pudding said...

I can't say anything about perfume but I loved this expression:- "the comfortable clip-clop of our apple cart life". And I have been to Gdansk - a very interesting little city. I stayed in the old Music School - now a hotel. Did you know that it was in Gdansk that the second world war effectively began? The huge brick cathedral is a must. The view from the top of the tower is magnificent and you must buy yourself some amber jewellery too!

Nota Bene said...

As an authority of some standing, I can tell you yes that is the new design for DKNY. Equally though if the scent isn't right, I smell a rat...

We have a similar reindeer, and tie a little red christmas bauble to his noise....

libby said...

AG.....luuuuuuurrrrvvvvve Christmas......we HAVE to get together at some point..xxxxx ps the scent reminds me of you!
Cro...it is on our list....maybe in the Spring?
Steve... still wearing Brut are you? or only in an ironic retro way....
YP...I am so looking forward to Gdansk..thanks for the tip re the Cathedral.
NB....phew thank goodness re the bottle design... and a chap at work told me I smelled lovely today so maybe all is well with the DKNY...how do you know so much about it? and the bauble on the nose is such a good idea!

Jay said...

Enjoy Gdansk. I've never been so look forward to you telling me all about it!

Nana Go-Go said...

Love the lamp, the reindeer and the radio!Deffo tartan ribbon as an adornment but then that's just me!Can't comment on the perfume but I too collect the empty bottles - they're like little markers of my life so far. Lucky duck getting away again but you deserve it so. Have a great weekend, Libs. x

Marcheline said...

I'm voting for tartan ribbon on the lovely wee deer!

Re: perfume... could just be new packaging. As for smell... people get used to/ immune to their own perfume - beware the tendency to put on more so that you can smell it... other people may be passing out!

Off to Google "Gdansk"...

Trish Burgess said...

Love the reindeer and your apple cart analogy.
I've been off the blogging radar for a short while too: real life gets in the way. Good to read what you've been up to.
Looking forward to hearing about Gdansk.

About Last Weekend said...

Happy Birthday fellow blogger have always loved visiting. Gdansk, am being very very ignorant now - where is that, intrigued, am off to Google the heck out of it.

Isabelle said...

Oh, you're back! So sorry about your sister - how awful. Being 63 myself I see it as no great age... . I do hope things turn out better than you expect.

Anyway. Welcome back to Blog.