Tuesday, February 26, 2013

'Should be sectioned?'

This is my husbands view with regard to the people who recently queued for 6 hours in the Barbican to see the Rain Room installation.
So it was very good of him to pick me and my friend up from the railway station last night after we had indeed been to London for the day, and queued for 4 hours in order to experience the exhibit for ourselves.
Yes.....all the way to London from the midlands.
Yes....4 hrs standing in a queue watching the world go by.
Yes....we did get a little bit wet....but mostly as we walked in and out of the 'Rain' we were dry.
Yes.....maybe I could be a little daft for wanting to do it....but I really really did want to experience it.
Yes......................it was worth it.
He still thinks I must be mad though.

12 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

Well, don't leave us in suspenders after all that.....what was it like?

About Last Weekend said...

OK now I'm going to have to Google Rain Room. Don't know anything about it! Always love that stuff and maybe the queuing made you part of the installation.

Cro Magnon said...

I expect he's probably right, but I would never say so!

libby said...

Nana...it was great....like having a force field around you to keep you dry in the rain...and our day did also include some wine and walking..
ALW...we thought the same thing!
Cro.....mmmmm...brothers in arms I see.

Nota Bene said...

You have more backbone than us...we couldn't face a two hour wait.....

Trish Burgess said...

Never heard of it. Like ALW, I'm about to google it. You're obviously so 'with it' Libby to queue for that long: I would take my hat off to you but I don't want to get my hair wet.

libby said...

NB...and I've never queued for anything before...quite strange.
Trish....Not 'with it' at all Trish!
my get up and go got up and went a long time ago...this was just something I really wanted to see.

John Gray said...

It's the British way
Mad as a box of frogs

Marcheline said...

About Last Weekend stole my comment.

libby said...

John.....we are so good at it too!
M..I did wonder if we were being filmed at all....

Curry Queen said...

One word. Bonkers.

libby said...

CQ... I know....I might be...