Thursday, February 21, 2013

Screen wipe......

We have just returned from 4 lovely days in Estonia. Not a sentence I ever thought I would utter to tell you the truth but 'tis true. A city break with sister and brother in law in Tallinn Estonia. Lots of walking and talking and laughing and eating and drinking and Churches and museums and snowball fights.

Our hotel was perfect, a real pleasure to stay in, the visit to the KGB museum was really interesting, the snow was not a pain but a positive plus for viewing an old medieval town, the people were friendly, the service top notch and prosecco with breakfast at the start of the day seemed to be the way to go each morning in the restaurant, looking around the room at the assortment of ladies who had a glass of fizz with their salmon and eggs.....so we joined in....which set us up nicely for the day I must say.
Best of all was spending time with family.......having free time to just wander around being touristy and having cake and wine whenever we wanted, far from home and work and our day to day lives.
Today, I took my ipad to my parents house to show Pa the pictures.....he has never used an ipad before and as he swiped his way through the photos he licked his finger between each and every one....just like using a book or newspaper........it really reminded me that I was home!

8 comments:

Cro Magnon said...

Estonia has never featured on my destination list; at this time of year I think I might search out some warmth. Very pleased to hear that the hotel service was good; those 'Russian Satellite Countries' used to be dire.

auntiegwen said...

it looks lovely, glad you enjoyed xxx ps Prosecco for breakfast = my kind of place ! xxx

Steve said...

Gorgeous photos - I just may have to add Estonia to my travel wishlist.

Marcheline said...

Glad you had a good time! My dream winter destination: Prague. Cake and wine sounds marvy...

Curry Queen said...

It looks lovely and, like you say, not a place I would immediately have thought of visiting. Your tale about your dad licking his finger to swipe the ipad made me laugh - my mum has similar difficulty with technology!

Nota Bene said...

Sounds marvellous...have you wiped the screen clean yet?

libby said...

Cro...I must admit I do fancy some sun soon.
AG..a great way to start the day!
Steve...not to everyone's taste but we enjoyed it.
M..Prague is lovely.....but you have enough snow surely?
CQ and NB...I have cleaned the screen!!

About Last Weekend said...

Libby had to scroll down to see your food piccy - that looks so pretty as do all the photos. I love walking through cemeteries, they say so much about the town. My husband and I's first "date" sort of was through all London's cemeteries