Thursday, August 9, 2012

Nobody puts baby in the corner........

Earlier this week I went to the theatre to see Dirty Dancing. I love the film and my big sister asked me to take her, so along with my DiL and my daughter, we sat and whooped at those famous words and cheered along with every other woman in the theatre as Jonny lifted Baby in the scene everyone remembers. The dancing was fabulous and they made the moves look so easy.....I'm sure I could move like that if I tried.......well maybe not quite like those lithe young talented dancers.......but in my head? oh Jonny........... 

12 comments:

Steve said...

This is very much a chic-thing, isn't it?

libby said...

Steve....huh? I'm missing something here - can you elucidate? (ooh er missus)....

Kelloggs Ville said...

I carried a water melon.

libby said...

K...well done! another lover of the film eh?

Nana Go-Go said...

Think what Steve means is, the film has the dubious reputation of being a 'chick-flick'....on account of we all would have loved to be cavorting around the dancefloor with Patrick Swayze(God Rest His Soul) at one time or another!(Make mine the Rumba!)...or perhaps Steve himself is hiding his latent 'Baby' tendencies!
Have a good weekend, Libs, wherever you'll be dancing.x

Curry Queen said...

Oh Jonny? Oh Libby! I think you might need to take a powder and lie down in a darkened room!

libby said...

Nana....ah yes I thought he meant chic as in stylish.....but yes it is very much a chick thing...have a good weekend yourself Nana x
CQ...Have you seen some of that dancing?? fanning myself with newspaper ...

Marcheline said...

Dude, if there was ever anything as hot as Patrick Swayze in that movie, it was... Patrick Swayze in "Road House". *swoon*

Kelloggs Ville said...

Oh Road House is the best one ever.

libby said...

M and K....never seen it, maybe I should check it out.....

About Last Weekend said...

Those moves (Mick Jagger) are easy - if you're wearing you new knee-high black boots! A great imitation of the lift scene is in that Steve thingy movie (oops sorry that sounded like something my Mum would say...)

libby said...

ALW....ok....I need just a little more info...Steve who??