Thursday, August 23, 2012

Autumn.....

When you come out of work at the end of the day and the atmosphere feels like the seasons have changed.
The air is slightly crisper and the light on the buildings is subtly different.
You start thinking about wearing cardigans and tights and boots to work and putting away summer clothes.
And if you are me.....you start to look forward to evening woodsmoke in the air, lamps being on earlier in the evening, dry leaves falling softly and the beginnings of that Christmas is coming feeling......
I know we have not had a summer this year...unless I blinked and missed it?
I also know that Autumn is my favourite time of year.............

Which Season do you love most?

11 comments:

Steve said...

I like all the seasons except Winter though that has it's high points too.

Bugger it. I like 'em all.

John Gray said...

summer is!
when we actually have one

Andy said...

Ah, it's spring for me. The idea that we might actually get some decent weather is always a journey of hope over expectation but I love it all the same.

Kelloggs Ville said...

Mine too.

Nota Bene said...

I'm a seasons tart...I'll take them all providing they really are what they're supposed to be...

Marcheline said...

Autumn. Best of the lot.

Nana Go-Go said...

Must be that time of year again.....Celeb Big Brother's on....sheesh!(be happy in the knowledge that I NEVER watch BB,Celeb or otherwise!).Paradise whats-it last night though was in a different class (pardon the pun).I love Autumn for the telly. Have a good Sunday, Libs. x

Nana Go-Go said...

'Parade's End',even,duh!!..you know, the one with Dominic Cabbagepatch in it?(kidding, just in case you thought I'd gone completely loopy!)

libby said...

Steve...every season has its plus points but Autumn does it for me.
John...This 'Summer' of which you speak...what is it?
Andy..you are an optimistic soul.
K..Autumn is just the best isn't it?
NB...ah and there is the problem..they are all merged into one now.
M...are your seasons very distinct?
Nana....I have to admit I love winter tv too.....and did I miss Parades end??? catch up today.

About Last Weekend said...

I'm a summer person. My friend was just saying last night how she was looking to "fall" with all the wine colours and tights and I'm still clinging to my fake tan...

libby said...

ALW....you are designed for summer...slim and fit with good bones and athletic attitude! bring on the tights for me....