Friday, July 30, 2010

Pinnies......

These old original pinnies were on sale in a local charity shop...I kept picking them up and putting them back...they were both washed and ironed and almost spoke to me. Twice, different ladies said to me whilst I was holding them 'ooh my mother wore one of those when I was a girl...'. They were £2 each and I did'nt buy them. Have'nt been able to stop thinking about them though strangely....who wore them? what jobs did they do whilst wearing them? polishing..dusting...grate cleaning...washing...what sort of clothes did they protect? Did the wearer have a happy life? Don't know what I would do with them if I bought them but wish I had.....

1 comment:

Steve said...

These remind me so much of my Nan it's untrue. I bet they have a yellow duster in the pocket.