Sunday, December 27, 2009


The preparation takes months and then ......whoosh......Christmas is gone.

I have no room left for food in this flabby old body of mine, and depressed myself today because I was (against my will and better judgement) with my daughter in (whisper it low...it is embarrassing) topshop and was encouraged to try on a top....and yes I also think that it was silly for me to even be in topshop and even more ridiculous to think that something in there could fit me......and I had forgotten the evil mirrors and harsh lighting and noise and heat and found myself thinking 'they do skimp on the material for these sleeves...this top is a bit tight'...and then realised that of course I am just fat and old. Anyway...my beautiful daughter came away from town with some goodies and I resolved to become thin and fit this coming year...YEAH RIGHT!!!

I'm also going to find a cure for cancer and establish world peace......


2 comments:

auntiegwen said...

I set off the middle aged mummy alarms in Topshop too.

ps I covet with covety covetousness your house

libby said...

Oh Auntiegwen I wish it were my house...the draughty old fireplace house is mine and the long light kitchen table house is my sisters where we spent Christmas.....