Sunday, June 18, 2017

Not at all worth waiting for but there you are..........I will continue.....

Having resolved yesterday to try to blog a bit more,  I feel that 'jumping in and just doing it' is the way to go, so....... I will just witter away.....because in all honesty, each and every day my mind is whirling and whizzing away with Life and the world and all its' dreadfulness and what is the point of anything stuff, punctuated by fascination and enjoyment of little chunks of ordinary everyday-ness...........so typing and putting those thoughts down would perhaps be a way of thinking them through and moving on and up....mentally sorting and sifting and dealing....deciding that one foot in front of the other every day and just getting on with things is the way forward...after all,  I read blogs everyday, and am mightily impressed that of the people I read, they manage to just get on with it and either make comments about the days happenings, or vent their spleen in words, or give us a glimpse into their life, or witter on, or tell a joke, or show us a garden .....and I like that.
 The thinking and typing and posting is a commitment and a good thing.
Which is at odds with how I do think about joining in and commenting or posting something of my own but don't....and that is not just laziness....it is also a lack of confidence in how I feel about things at the moment.....and a lack of security in so many areas.....almost everything I thought I knew or felt secure with is just not so.....I am conflicted about so much in so many ways these days .... I am feeling bombarded by so much stuff  ...... and of course without in any way wanting to minimize the horrors happening in the world of late...... my own stuff  has made me want to think more and say less.
Yet ... nearly everyday,  I am reminded  that ....humans are amazing........at times fabulous......sometimes frightful....but mostly just people getting on with things and trusting themselves and their feelings.
Hope springs eternal.
I will choose to have faith ......and witter away.

3 comments:

Nana Go-Go said...

Great minds think alike! I've just posted in a similar vane. I'm actually amazed when I see holiday adverts on the telly. I think we're all just meant to be getting on with it, hard as it seems. Great post, Libs and always great to 'see' you. Hope Grandbaby's thriving.xxx

libby said...

Thanks Nana.....we are very similar in lots of ways I think...and little one is gorgeous still! x

sensibilia said...

I agree with just about everything you say. Think more and say less ....
All the certainties, the secure foundation of life, evaporating by the day ....
I take pleasure in friendship, and like you, in the little things. Now I know why women throughout the ages have sewed and knitted things ....
Also, I avoid newspapers like the plague.
I still love going to charity shops, and found the most wonderful book called 800 years of womens letters - it was considered so unpopular it was dumped in the any for 50p bin. Perhaps blogging, in the age of the telephone, has taken over from letter writing
Keep writing ...