Friday, December 14, 2012

The good old days......

Once upon a time I used to wear shoes like these......

but now, older, wiser, thicker of ankle and happy to be closer to the ground, I only put them  on when I see a pair like this and squeal with excitement cooing 'but they are beeeeaaauuuuutifuuuuuul' and my daughter allows me, gingerly, to try on the fabulous new Kurt Geiger-killer heel-black suede pair that her boyfriend has just given her as a Christmas present.  I needed her assistance to stand upright in them, and when she took the photo I was balancing one hand on the chest of drawers, and I wish you couldn't see the wire for the tv under the chest of drawers and that my ankles didn't look so thick, and that my toenails were painted....but the shoes.....look at the shoes .........sigh........

14 comments:

About Last Weekend said...

Go on! Wear them out - they look fantastic on you. Swervy Kurty sexy.

hausfrau said...

Wow! I too wore heels through my teens and twenties, but rarely now. They were never that high though: gorgeous!

Steve said...

The shoes are great and so are your ankles.

Kelloggs Ville said...

oh to be young again - to have balance and toes that can take the pain!

Cro Magnon said...

It amazes me how you gals can stand upright in them.

sensibilia said...

What fun! A mother/daughter sharing moment. And she let you try them on! My elder has a pair of LK Bennett heels but she won't let me put them on! Enjoy, and don't regret the TV wire!!!

libby said...

ALW..I couldn't get across the bedroom in them, forget about leaving the house! and they are my daughters after all....but so lovely to wear.
Hausfrau...they must be about 7"..I never wore them that high either.
Steve..what a charmer you are.
K..yes, very briefly I felt young again!
Cro...standing is ok...moving about? not so much....although my girl dances and walks in them with no problem.
S...I know...but the wire upsets my ocd side!

Trish Burgess said...

I dare you to buy yourself a pair. If you do, I'll do the same. I don't think I've ever had a really high pair of shoes like that.

libby said...

Trish......well when broken ankles are involved at least you have a handy doctor to take care of you....I don't think I could risk shoes like this anymore...but you go ahead..you are years younger than me!.

auntiegwen said...

Libs - I have shoes that high for the wedding, I am very nearly normal sized in them !!!!!

Marcheline said...

Beautiful to look at, I'll agree... but I'd only wear them lying down. *wink*

libby said...

AG.....ooooh how lovely xxxx
M....well of course that is one option :)

Jay said...

Lovely, lovely shoes! I still get very tempted to buy shoes I can no longer walk in, I kid myself that I'll wear them and just sit down!

libby said...

Jay..welcome and thanks for posting. My Daughter says that these are 'taxi-restaurant-taxi' shoes....and I can see why.