Monday, September 17, 2012

Out of place?

Ma wanted this chest of drawers taken to the tip.
So I took it from the back of my car and plonked it here in the middle of my landing while I decided what to do with it.
Now I quite like it....I think.
She said it was bought when I was young.
It has been in her little spare bedroom for as long as I can remember.
She is in purging mood.
Every time I visit now she has sorted out stuff for either the charity shop/tip/me or anybody that might be interested.
Usually plates or jugs or knick knacks or clothes or handbags or in fact almost anything and everything.
Most I take to charity shops.
This though, I think I might keep.........maybe change the handles?
What do you think/
Yes or no?

11 comments:

Isabelle said...

Yes, it looks very cute there. Sympathies about your parents. Been there. Not fun.

Lottie said...

Definitely a yes...I think it looks lovely! Thanks for stopping by mine today - I hope with all my heart that life really doesn't go for you as it has for me xxx

Nana Go-Go said...

I think I have the same one! My Mother bought it years ago and painted it white, then gave it to my sis who gave it to me after she'd taken the paint off. I changed the knobs(?)to pretty little glass ones and it's perfect now. I would deffo keep yours, it looks perfect just where you have it.Does it have scrollwork just above the top drawer?Hope you keep it Libs, it's such a sturdy piece of furniture.You can stuff as many jumpers as you like into the drawers and the bottoms don't fall out!!!

Steve said...

Keep it as it is: it is rich in memories.

hausfrau said...

I like it too, but don't be afraid of an update to the handles if it's what you fancy - it won't spoil the memories.

Nota Bene said...

The space looks perfect...what will you keep in the drawers?

libby said...

Isabelle..thank you.
Lottie...I hope things get a little better for you x
Nana...yes...solid bottoms!! but I might change the handles....
Steve...thank you .. and you are a bit of a softie on the quiet aren't you?
hausfrau....thanks...will change the handles ...perhaps......
NB...Oh I have way too many clothes - all that charity shopping...so they will not be empty for long!

Fran said...

Looks as though it wants to belong there. I think you'll have Big Trouble if you try to move it. I foresee a mutiny.

libby said...

Hi Fran......you might be right.. the wardrobe in the spare room and the small table in the hall are in a sulk now...they were hoping for a change of view to break up the monotony.....

About Last Weekend said...

I like it, it looks perfect there and the legs on it are elegant. Anything white always brightens up a spot. Might be fun to find some new pulls for it.

Trish @ Mums Gone To... said...

Agree with all of th above - a great little piece. Thank goodness you saved it from the tip.