Sunday, May 6, 2012

Captain Haddock.....

The mister has done it.
Has been all 'leave it to me'. It is payback time for all the organised holidays we had over the years.
He reminded me that many years ago I agreed that one day we could just 'wing it a bit' with regard to holidays, when we didn't have kids to consider...because when we had kids to consider/carry/feed/play with etc., I  always needed to know where we were going, for how long, what the accommodation was like, what kind of weather did I need to pack the many bags for etc., etc., whereas now it is just the two of us and we can have more of an adventure....hhhhmmmmm.  He tells me we need only hand luggage, and he promises it will be hot so just shorts (me? in shorts??? oh well as long as I don't scare local animals and small children) and t shirts with maybe just a jumper for the night time. The word rustic was used a few times...not sure if he meant where we are going or my knees.
We are going to Paxos. The mister is very excited about the thought of hiring some form of boat and exploring the coast line. I am getting the vapours already. We live in the centre of England. We don't have any experience of boats. He assures me that it will be fine....

11 comments:

Steve said...

It will be fine. Bet you love every minute.

Kelloggs Ville said...

It will not only be fine, it will be wonderful :)

Curry Queen said...

I went to Paxos many years ago. It was fab - you'll have a great time!

Marcheline said...

Never heard of Paxos, off to Google it. Sounds wonderful, and in my opinion it's the only way to travel. I've done two Scotland trips and one Ireland trip that way. Two changes of clothes, absolutely no itinerary, no reservations, one rental car, and an atlas. GO! 8-)

Nota Bene said...

Brilliant...enjoy!

Marcheline said...

Just got through looking at online pictures of Paxos. Have gone from clueless to jealous!

About Last Weekend said...

I love the knowing because I love to picture every single second and relish it before hand. But this is a new turn to your life - how cool! It will be fine of course (er, do you get sea sick?)

libby said...

Steve, you sound so confident..hope you are right.
K, hope so..
CQ...are you not telling me the unfab bits?
M, my you sound brave and adventurous!
NB...I'm hoping for enjoyment not anxiety!
ALW..I do get travel sick...but am going to ignore it..I hope!

libby said...

Leslie...thank you for dropping in...I seem to have lost your comment....but Hi and welcome.

Yorkshire Pudding said...

You chose Paxos over Blogland? What's wrong with you woman? Thirty years of mariage - perhaps you should have planned to visit Alcatraz!

sensibilia said...

Mmm, I'm more of the "organise everything" school of thought. And I take my hot water bottle with me to any UK trip except in June.

I would definitely take at least one item of warm clothing.