Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mis-quote I know, but never mind.....

Watched two interesting documentaries over the last few days. One about Ayrton Senna the formula one driver, and one about Bill Withers the musician. Ayrton was sexy and gorgeous and died doing what he had a passion for, which was driving. Bill Withers is, as far as I know,  still alive, and had a very enchanting, laid back, wise way about him. Two fascinating men. In fact, it was a comment Bill (see, first name terms now...) made that has stayed with me, making me think that although I do witter on about me and my life being ordinary, I am blessed that it is so. He said that although you might set out to go to wonderful, along the way you will pass through alright, and what you should do is take time to look around alright  because you might not get any further on and you will realise that alright really is fine....does that make sense? It does to me. How about you?

9 comments:

Steve said...

Alright is fine by me.

Kelloggsville said...

yes, solid advice indeed

Nana Go-Go said...

I was passing through 'alright' quite happily until I discovered a nail in one of my tyres this morning. I took it to the garage and came home with three new tyres which I apparently will need for the MOT next week. Shame on VW providing me with allegedly new tyres two years ago which today needed replacing. I wouldn't mind if I drove like Ayrton Senna (brilliant docu by the way)but I'm a Grandmother for gawd's sake!So, no, alright's not fine with me...take me to 'wonderful' straight away!

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Absolutlely. Yes! I have done some wonderful exotic, adventurous things - or so other people think, but I never made a career or got rich. Instead I have my lovely children and a tranquil home in a politically stable country, with as much freedom as I can affored to use, and I have my stories as well. It's not bad being ordinary.

About Last Weekend said...

Alright is fine by me too. It not up and down with strewn relationships, its just goodness in the everyday...

sensibilia said...

I love the quote. It gives me the sense that I have arrived at a good place, even though not (maybe never) wonderful. Alright is alright, right!

Curry Queen said...

Wise words, Libby!

Nota Bene said...

I think you have to aim for wonderful because you need somewhere to go to if it all goes pear shaped...if you're only at alright, then it's not alright...sort of

libby said...

'Don't ask for the moon when we have the stars'......as Bette Davis says in now voyager.