Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Music Man......

The two ladies working in the charity shop were behind the counter, passing the time quietly, slowly re-arranging the bits and bobs by the till and looking at their watches now and again, no doubt wishing that the final half hour would soon be over, and as it was late in the afternoon I was the only customer. After a few minutes of silence, one said to the other 'and of course then he whipped out his balalaika..' to which her companion said  'are you sure it wasn't his ukelele?'......'Oh no' said lady number one, 'It's all in the size you see'.........

11 comments:

Steve said...

I always fancied a mouth organ myself.

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Tho' maybe it was an oud...

auntiegwen said...

Indeed it is, Libs

Trish @ Mum's Gone To ... said...

Or was it a banjo?

Nota Bene said...

Strumpet. I mean trumpets

Nana Go-Go said...

Hmm....so that`s where I`ve been going wrong all the while....couldn`t tell the balalaikas from the ukeleles!Thanks for the laugh, Libs. That Steve`s a one, isn`t he?!!

Marcheline said...

Don't believe Steve - he's a lyre!

About Last Weekend said...

Oud, gourds and ukeleles, that's where I went so horribly wrong...

Curry Queen said...

Balalaikas, ukeleles - how very exotic. What's wrong with a comb and some foil?

libby said...

It was a very 'Victoria Wood' moment......and does size really matter? as long as you know how to play it I suspect not...

Macy said...

Pffft I'm getting old. I thought she said balaclava

That would be entirely different....