Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I haven't seen one like that for years........

Was that title a bit Actress/Bishop? No? just me then..........

This is the lovely stuff that was given to us today. A friend has an allotment and very kindly shared his bounty.
This weekend we will unearth our first potatoes, our first attempt at growing anything other than tomatoes in our garden. Doesn't take a lot to excite us these days. Used to be staying up and staying out and getting up to allsorts...........that baton  has now been passed to our kids I suppose....such is life. A good life......
 

2 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

I have a very small veg garden. Courgettes and marrows are easy though. I like stuffed marrow. I have a friend that does a lot more. He gave me some lovely beetroots a while back, think I might try them again. My first attempt failed. Think I didn't space them enough. My garden is 'survival of the fittest'

Steve said...

Gor blimey... you got some beauties there, m'love!