Thursday, June 23, 2011

This is what happens if you have no 'proper' dinner....

You come in from work and have a cup of tea.
Then a gi-normous bag of edamame seeds. Honestly....a big bag....just me...munching away.
Half an hour later a huge chunk of olive bread with a slab of cheese.
Twenty minutes later a custard slice.
Another cup of tea.
Large piece of madeira cake.
Back into kitchen for another large piece of madeira cake.
A few crisps.
Open cupboards....open fridge.........look across at the fruit on the table.....banana? no..... orange? no? avocado? already had two........
At this point lift up top and look at belly.....feel that 'in for a penny in for a pound' sensation.......have three triangles of toblerone.

An hour later have potato gnocchi with pasta and rocket.

Another cup of tea (but this time fennel tea)
Clean teeth in order to try not to eat any more food....feel fat, full, sluggish and oh what the fuck.......

Tomorrow is another day.

6 comments:

Kelloggsville said...

That happens to me when I DO have a proper dinner!

Andy said...

I had pasta and pizza and chocolate and a huge mug of coffee tonight - you are not alone!

auntiegwen said...

I think you were remarkably restrained on the toblerone front, I could never stop at 3 chunks!!!

Steve said...

Sounds like a between meals snack to me!

Marcheline said...

I just went on the South Beach diet for real last week, and already my tight jeans are swimming on me. I'm sleeping better, waking up bright and un-groggy, and in about another week I'll be wearing my skinny jeans to work. There isn't a cake in the world that gives me a feeling THAT good. You can lose the extra weight and feel great about yourself, too. You just have to decide that you love yourself, your life, and your health more than junk food. My husband has lost fifty pounds, as well - and looks as handsome and fit as the day we met in 1989. Well worth it, I'd say!

Curry Queen said...

A woman after my own belly, er heart!